Mar 3, 2008

Mock up Smock up

So this is what I was working on on the couch during my down time.

There will be 4 all together, with 5 of each character so 5 full sets of 4 different folks at the bustop, these are just mockups done on the computer, but the final output will be two color screen prints on finished maple plywood. (not skateboards, but similar construction style, decks are for skating, art is for hanging)

Yeah I'm a weirdo, but I have had this idea of doing regular people in gas-masks for a while, maybe its the world we live in, maybe I'm just insane, but it does let you tell your own story about the folks in these pieces, everyone is going to have their own interpretation of whats going on, I encourage that, make up your own story.

These were all hand drawn, then scanned and taken into the computer to sharpen up the line art, still need to finish up a few things in the basement before i can really start printing, but its getting really close.

Enjoy.



3 comments:

Kate said...

Love the artwork!

Jon said...

Very cool man! I like the gasmask idea, what a world we live in now.

Anonymous said...

unbelievablly amazing