Mar 12, 2008

I love when we get to spring forward...

although I hate losing that hour in the morning ..I love coming home and still having 2-3 hours of sunlight. I'm pleased to report that we have officially started composting. There is this old wood & metal structure at the back of the property line that the last owner left behind - I'm kicking myself that we didn't start 3 yrs ago when we first moved in. We dumped in our first bucket of kitchen scraps tonight after preparing veggies for beef stew dinner.

My rain barrels are full! Jer is already talking about buying a few more and lining them up along the side of the house. When the first barrel is full, the overflow then continues on to the next barrel and then the next and so on and so on..until our house floats away!

We are still waiting for "the call" from our agency to say that we are finally out of PGN. This time around the waiting is really hard. We are getting close to her first b-day. Also, I've seen other families getting out in 2 weeks - crazy fast times. I saw a case that was submitted on Feb 18th that is out. Hello -we went in on the 14th..its so friggin not fair! We are totally at the mercy of these four people at the PGN that must each review our file and sign off on everything. bribery is sounding better and better every day (just kidding!). My friend Belinda was actually just vacationing in Guatemala with some of her friends..she said she would be glad to bring back a little bundle for me - very tempting!!!!

that's all for now..hoping to report good news soon.

4 comments:

Jon said...

compost and rainbarrels rock!

Nikoli said...

I think I read something somewhere... (OMA)... something wonderful...

Selina said...

now nikoli..don't be going and spoiling the big news!!! and yes, something wonderful has happened!

Nikoli said...

What? ;) I read that Jer is up and around doing his rehab and is doing well after surgery... isn't that wonderful? *sly grin*