Sep 30, 2007

Oh happy baby

So someone thought it would be funny to wake up this morning at 3:00am! She was just sitting in her crib, entertaining herself, wide awake and ready for a bottle. So mommie got up, half asleep and made a bottle. Fern sucked it down and was back to sleep in about 10 mins. Never once did she cry. I LOVE THIS BABY! Of course, guess who slept through it all...daddy! Unfortunately for me, Jer is an extremely heavy sleeper. I´ll make sure to give him some late night shifts when we bring her home - don´t want him to feel left out!

It is now 11:30am - she is upstairs taking a little cat nap. Tonight, after they pick her up, we are going out to steak restaurant. I think mommy has earned a bourbon drink!

That´s all for now...we leave the hotel tomorrow morning at 6:15am...so probably no more posts from me. I´m just going to enjoy my last afternoon with little miss sunshine!
Love to you all.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Benefits of being a heavy sleeper! Wahoo!!!! Hope the steak is good, bourbon is better, and the flight home is quick. miss u guys

Anonymous said...

THAT'S GRANPA'S NICKNAME FOR FERN. "LITTLE SUNSHINE". I can't tell you how much we have enjoyed your trip and the "BLOG". I check almost hourly for new pictures & have printed them all out for our "Fern" book. Fern is so beautiful and such a happy baby & so photogenic. We hope you both continue to have a safe & enjoyable trip. Forget the bourbon and get a "Margeritta" since u r in South America. "I'll buy".
Love to the three of you.
Give "Little Sunshine" some more hugs and Kisses from us.
Grandpa

Kate said...

Hey guys, it is now 7:30pm Guatemala time so you have said your goodbyes to Fern. I hope it wasn't too terribly sad. Safe travels home and call when you get settled in--we want more details! xoxox