Apr 30, 2008

One week check in..

Well we've officially been home for one week and next week is Fern's 1st birthday! We've been having a great time. Finally today I cooked something she liked. Our neighbor, who is from mexico, has been helping me with ideas and giving tasty snacks to Fern. I made jasmine rice, cooked down with cinammon stick, raisins and whole milk. Yum...comforts of home for Fernanda.

Tomorrow she is going to help me deliver meals on wheels to the ole folks. gotta teach her about being socially responsible and helping others (never to early to learn those important lessons!).
Unfortunately bathtime is still NOT going well. She hasn't had a bath in 3 days - but she doesn't smell yet!

To all those folks that have called over the past week - sorry I've been SO slack in calling ya all back. I do really appreciate the calls and well wishes, but somehow all my free time that I used to have is GONE!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Fight the good fight! Don't let the bath demons win this one, or you may regret it years down the road! My little brother is 17 and he still has to be told to bathe.... YUCK!

I'm sure she will give in sooner or later (more than likely later!) and begin to settle down for bath time. Good luck!

Kate said...

Get the bath thing down now or you will be calling Super Nanny later!

Anonymous said...

Hi Selina. Congratulations. I've been so excited to read about everything.

I have a couple of suggestions for bath time. I'm not sure if you've tried this, but maybe start Fernanda off in a small tub. Most of the families I work with don't give baths to their children; they wipe them down or use a small tub, so I am sure it is frightening for her to be in the big bathtub. If she is ok with the small tub, maybe try the sink for a bath so she can get used to the running water then you can transition to the larger bathtub. I hope that helps and let me know if you need anything. I can't wait to meet her.

Karen