Apr 21, 2008

I finally have a chance to sit at the one computer in the hotel (I hate computer hogs - some guy has been using it for the past hour - I finally asked him nicely to share!)

I must admit, yesterday was a very hard day. Fern was definitely very upset with the transition from foster mom to her new family. She cried all afternoon with a big pouty lip - she was breaking our hearts. I felt soooo bad taking her away from Rosa - it was emotionally exhausting for all of us. She ended up sleeping in the bed with us, which meant I didn´t get much sleep.

Today was a MUCH better day. She was a saint at the embassy (ok, she slept through about an hour of it!) and then we had a nice afternoon playing outside. Tomorrow at 3:30 I had back to the embassy to pick up our package and then Wednesday we fly home. I´ve got the baby motrin ready!!! Unfortunately she has a bit of a bacteria infection in her tummy, which means BIG explosions in the diapers. How the hell do you change a diaper in the bathroom on an airplane - there is barely room for one person!

tried to post some pics..but the connection here sucks..will try again manana.

2 comments:

Jon said...

My crystal ball tells me you guys will have lots of experience with changing diapers in small spaces in the coming months.

YAY----- POO!

Kristen and Tim Burnette said...

Regarding changing the diaper, do it BEFORE and AFTER the plane ride. What does not break you will make you stronger. You three have been in my thoughts and prayers. Call me when you get back.