Jan 14, 2008

I want off this rollercoaster - I'm gonna get sick

We got a call today from our agency with good news and bad news...
BAD: Our paperwork was kicked out AGAIN from PGN court

GOOD: It was a quick fix - something wrong with birth mom's name on Fern's birth certificate. Paperwork is now fixed and ready to be re-submitted to PGN.

BAD: PGN is currently NOT accepting any cases until the Guat gov't can establish the new Central Authority - where we first have to register our case and then PGN will open back up.
Rumor has it the Central Authority will be set up on or about Feb 11th. So we have to wait about a month and then hopefully can re-enter PGN. And then we wait again for them to review our paperwork. I hate to say this..but its probably going to be another seven months until we can bring Fern home.

Needless to say - after I got the call from the agency - I left work to come home and have a good cry. Now I have a headache and puffy eyes. I hate crying!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is unbelievable. We hope it won't be as long as you think. Sometimes a good cry helps - you get it out and gather up your strength again! Hang in there, you guys.
Nannah and Pappa

Anonymous said...

Hi Selina, i check in on your progress every week or so. I'm so sorry this is dragging out. Crying does help. If more men cried, we'd have less war! Hang in there.

Beth

Anonymous said...

this is sooo sad i can't believe it
hang in there aunt silly!!!
-sara

Nikoli said...

Sorry to hear this guys. Good vibes headed your way. 9 months was a long wait, I can't imagine well over a year... keep the faith.