Nov 9, 2007

A few updates..

Its Friday nite - Jer is in AZ for a gathering of the Old Man Army. They may sound menacing, but really just a bunch of old dudes who like to skateboard.

So while he is off doing his thing - tonight I'm heading out with some girls to see a band - then tomorrow I volunteered to babysit for a friend of Jer's. I'll be hanging out at the house with a 11 month old girl for about 9 hours! I figured it would be good practice and give me a little taste of my future life! Sunday and Monday (gotta love bank holidays) I'll be painting the new bathroom green. I will share pics when its done.

So enough about my boring life.. on to the adoption news - the reason why you check this site..

Presidential elections were held in Guat last week - the good guy (or shall I say the lesser of the two evils) won. What that means for the future of guatemala adoptions - who knows.

Our agency is moving pretty quickly with fixing our paperwork. By now it should be in Atlanta at the Consulate for authentication. Then it comes back to Raleigh, then to Guatemala where it has to be translated..then finally back into PGN..could be another 2-3 weeks.

On a positive note - Guat congress met last week - nothing definite yet - but sounds like they are in favor of bumping out the suspension date from 01/01/08 to 04/01/08 when hopefully the US will also be Hague compliant. Also, they are considering a "grandfather" clause for the pending cases.

Now..back to something negative.. learned yesterday that in guatemala - the holiday season is from Dec 6 - Jan 6. This of course means very very little paperwork will be processed as everyone will be out in the streets celebrating - so not fair - I want a month off for the holidays!

That's all for now..everyone send out some good vibes to jer so that he has a SAFE weekend skating with the big kids (can't afford any hospital bills!).

No comments: